The Glencoe Wood Nature Reserve
Laird, Lords and Ladies of Glencoe made it possible - It's open to all visitors
The first Nature Reserve in Glencoe Wood, opened in 2007, is made up of thousands of plots which are supported by a global community of Lairds, Lords and Ladies. This land is free to visit but for the best possible experience we recommend that you become a Laird, Lord or Lady of Glencoe.
This reserve, located just 10 miles from the historic Glencoe, is also an established 4 star visitor attraction and we encourage you to visit and see the progress your support has made possible.
This nature reserve is sustained by the ongoing support of the over 250,000+ community members. With the purchase of every plot, we are able to work with our partners to plant more trees, build more shelters for the animals that inhabit the reserves, and progress in our efforts to conserve the land for future generations as well as offer a unique and charming gift to those who support the progress of our efforts.
Visit The Nature Reserve
Whether you're dropping by to visit your plot or just looking for a beautiful place to spend the afternoon, the Glencoe Wood Nature Reserve couldn't be easier to find. We're well signposted on all main roads and area a reasonable distance from many popular destinations in Scotland!
Our Meet and Greet Service is a very special offering especially for our community and allows all our Lords, Ladies and Lairds to visit their plot of land with an enthusiastic and knowledgeable guide. This service must be booked well in advance as this is run by our very busy volunteers. Particularly in summer months, we can become fully booked sometimes months in advance. A voucher is included in your pack (in all 10 and 100sqft plots) – or can be purchased before you visit.To book an appointment, simply fill out the request form and we will be in contact.
The local Visitor's Centre
You may, of course, visit your plot without the special Meet & Greet Service but we truly feel the experience is enriched with the added benefits of a guide. Everyone owning 10 square feet or more receives a voucher for one free trip. Vouchers are also available to purchase for a small sum. You are also welcome to enjoy the amenities of our Visitors' Centre, located at the reserve’s main entrance.
Maps and walking trail routes
Volunteers – ready to take 4×4 tours for those who have pre-booked with a voucher!
- Find and visit your plot
- Take in the views over Loch Linnhe
- Take advantage of the local Meet and Greet service
- See the progress your support is facilitating
- Exploring the secret garden
- Cycling the routes around the reserve
- Numerous hikes and walking routes
- Test your photography skills at our many scenic viewpoint
- Two hides help you observe the many birds and other animals that call the reserve home
- Check out SeaXplorer in nearby Ballachulish for exciting boat tours
Find your plot
The Scottish Estate Manager app
- Stay in touch with your plot from anywhere in the world
- Free to download and available for iOS and Android devices
- Many great features to uncover
Plot locator map
- Each plot is uniquely identified by its Ordnance Survey (OS) Grid Reference number
- This will allow you to get to the approximate location of your estate
- Because it is impractical to stake each plot, you will require a GPS to get the last few metres to the exact location of your estate
Using your own GPS device/Google Maps
- Along with your unique OS grid reference number, your Certificate of Sale includes the latitude and longitude co-ordinates of your plot
- Simply enter the co-ordinates into your device and enjoy the adventure
Want To Visit The Nature Reserves?
Nestling in the heart of the Scottish Highlands and within easy reach of popular destinations such as Fort William, Oban, Skye and Inverness, the nature reserves are easy to find and a pleasure to visit. The Glencoe Wood Nature Reserve, near Duror, has a visitor's centre and offers a "Meet and Greet Service" for Lords and Ladies. Though the reserve at Mountainview does not have these facilities, it is still a great place to go for a self guided hike through the many nature trails.
If you buy a souvenir plot of 10 sqft or larger, it will be located at Kilnaish and comes with a free 1 sqft plot at the Glencoe Wood Nature Reserve.
Finding the reserve
Glencoe Wood Nature Reserve
Duror of Appin
To find the car park, set your GPS for: [56.627174,-5.311716]
Find the Glencoe Nature Reserve and your plot using the What3Words location app: ///yummy.swordfish.enlighten
Arrive by car
Arrive by rail
Arrive by bus
- Glasgow (2 hrs 15 mins)
- Edinburgh (2 hrs 45 mins)
- Inverness (2 hrs 30 mins)
Support our Nature Reserves while conserving Scotland's wilderness
Become a Laird, Lord or Lady with your own Plot of Land in the Scottish Highlands
* You will be addressed by your choice of Laird, Lord or Lady by us and within the 300,000+ strong community. Please note you cannot buy a noble title. This is for enjoyment purposes only.
** You obtain a personal right to a souvenir plot of land. This is a form of heritable property that you can pass on to future generations. Highland Titles remains as the registered landowner and manages the land on your behalf.